Last Updated: Feb 28, 2022
Pearman collects and stores personally identifiable information about you through the Site if you subscribe to Pearmans’ email list, submit a license request, or if you choose to share such information with us either directly or by email. When subscribing to Pearmans’ newsletter, you will be asked to provide an email address. You may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails, or you can contact us as described in the Contact section below. When you submit a license request, you will be asked to provide personally identifiable information, which may include your name, email address, address, telephone number, and other self-identifying information (all “Personal Information”). Please note that you are responsible for keeping your information current and up-to-date. When you contact us by phone, email or otherwise to submit information to us, we collect and process the information you provide to us, to respond to your inquiry.
The Site uses social and digital service provider plugins, which are services provided by social media organizations such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and digital service providers such as Spotify, Soundcloud, Youtube, and others. If you access a page of the Site that contains such a plug-in, your browser establishes a direct connection to the social media / digital service provider’s servers. Via the plugins, the providers receive the information that you have visited our Site. This information (including your IP address) will be transferred from your browser directly to a server of the respective provider in the USA and stored there. If you are logged in to one of the providers, the providers may allocate your visit of the Site to your account with them. Interactions with the plug-ins are sent directly to the providers’ servers and stored there. The purpose and scope of the data collection and the further processing of your data by the providers as well as your relevant rights and setting options for the protection of your privacy can be found in the privacy notices of the providers.
Pearman may track IP addresses to keep track of a user’s visit to the Site, while the user’s personal information remains totally anonymous. Tracking IP addresses can give us important information about our visitors. For example, we can learn which parts of the Site users are visiting and how long they stay. When Pearman receives information about you or about your Site visit, we may use it for research or to improve the Site and the services we offer you.
While you are using this Site, Pearman may collect certain non-personally identifiable information about you, such as the URL you just came from, the next URL you go to, what browser you are using, the domain name of your Internet Service Provider and your IP address. We may also use “cookies”, which are text files that websites transfer to the browser directory of your computer’s hard drive. A cookie is a small piece of information that a website can store on your web browser and later retrieve. The cookie cannot be read by any website other than the one that set up the cookies. Aggregate, but not individual, cookie and tracking information may be retained, used and shared with third parties to help Pearman understand the demographics of traffic to our Site.
Pearman takes reasonable steps to protect Personal Information from misuse, loss and unauthorized access appropriate to the sensitivity of the information. The transmission of information over the internet is not completely secure. If you provide us with information over the internet, any transmission is at your own risk. Although Pearman cannot guarantee that Personal Information will not be subject to unauthorized access, Pearman has appropriate safeguards to protect the Personal Information. Personal Information is protected by secured networks and access is limited to a few authorized employees and personnel of Pearman and its affiliates.
Pearman also reserves the right to share, disclose and/or transfer Personal Information to a third party in the event of a corporate change (such as a merger, acquisition or sale of assets).
Pearman retains your Personal Information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose(s) for which it was collected, and as otherwise required to comply with applicable laws. When that need has ended, your Personal Information will be removed from our system and destroyed in a manner that ensures your security.
If you are a user from the EU/EEA, please also see additional information on international data transfers in the EU/EEA section below.
We strive to comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act. We do not knowingly collect any Personal Information from those under the age of 13. If you are under 13 years of age, please do not provide any Personal Information to us. If you feel that we have unknowingly collected Personal Information from someone under the age of 13, please contact us immediately as described in the Contact section below and this information will be removed. For more information on how to protect your children online: Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for social networking safety tips for parents and youth.
We also strive to comply with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). The Site is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to anyone under the age of 16 in cases where GDPR is applicable.
You may be entitled to, to object to, or request the restriction of processing of your Personal Information, and to request access to, rectification, erasure, and portability of your own Personal Information by contacting us as described in the Contact section below. We may require you to prove your identity with approved identification if you request this information.
USERS OF THE SITE IN THE EUROPEAN UNION/EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA
Legal bases for processing your personal data:
- Newsletters: We send you newsletters based on your consent.
- Contact us: We process the listed information to respond to your inquiry, so as to perform a (quasi)contract with you.
- Updates concerning us: We send you accordant updates based on our legitimate interests to provide you with working Sites and satisfying services. If informing you about updates is required by law, we send you accordant updates to comply with our legal obligations.
Retention of your personal data:
- Newsletters: We will retain your personal information concerning marketing and newsletters for as long as you do not withdraw consent or opt-out from such marketing, unless we are required or permitted by law to retain it for a longer period (for example for archiving purposes).
- Contact us: We retain this personal information for the time required to respond to your request and, where applicable, as required or permitted by statutory law (for example for financial statements or legal claims or archiving purposes).
- transferring personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission;
- using specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe; or
- transferring personal data to the United States to an entity if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between the Europe and the US.
- In furtherance of section 8 above and in accordance with GDPR you may have the following rights in relation to the personal information we hold about you, if the accordant preconditions are fulfilled:
- Right of access: You may ask us to confirm whether we are processing your personal information and, if so, to provide you with a copy of that personal information (along with certain other details).
- Right to rectification: If the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you are entitled to ask for rectification or completion.
- Right to erasure: You may ask us to delete or remove your personal information in some circumstances, e.g. if we no longer need it or you withdraw your consent (where applicable).
- Right to restrict processing: You may ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances, e.g. if you object to us processing it.
- Right to data portability: You have the right to obtain personal information you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format for reuse under certain circumstances.
- Right to object: You may ask us at any time to stop processing your personal information, and we will do so, if we:
- rely on legitimate interests to process your personal information except if we can demonstrate compelling legal grounds for the processing or
- process your personal information for direct marketing.
- Rights in relation to automated decision-making and profiling: You have the right not to be subject to a decision when it is based solely on automated processing, including profiling, and it produces a legal effect or similarly significantly affects you unless such profiling in necessary for entering into, or the performance of, a contract between you and us.
- Right to withdraw consent: If we rely on your consent as legal basis for processing your personal information, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. This includes, but is not limited, to cases where we use your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
You may also be entitled, in accordance with applicable law, to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you consider that our processing of your personal information infringes applicable law.
For more information on your rights and accordant requirements, please see the information provided by the EU Commission at https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/reform/rights-citizens_en
Pearman Publishing LLC
PO Box 927
Arkansas City, KS 67005
or by e-mail at: